Don't Let Mold Grow!
Intrusion of water into your home or place of business can result in mold growth. Water intrusions can result from storm damage, plumbing or equipment failures, long-standing leaks and poor humidity control. When water intrusions are not addressed right away, the resulting damage can present increased risk of harmful mold growth. Some amounts of mold spores are normally present in most environments. If the humidity and moisture levels in a water-damaged environment are not promptly returned to normal, mold spores may grow and multiply. Organic materials found inside a building, such as wood, paper, drywall and insulation, provide food sources for mold to flourish. Excessive mold growth can lead to indoor environmental conditions that can cause health effects.
SERVPRO of Hicksville/Plainview handle water damages every day and know prompt action is required to prevent mold growth. Mold is more likely to spread when an environment has been subject to moisture for a long period of time. If your property has sustained recent water damage, it is vital to remove excess water and dry the structure promptly. If there is an ongoing moisture problem in the building, it is important to be alert for:
These conditions may require the expertise of a qualified Indoor Air Quality/Environmental Professional to inspect the building for mold growth and water damage problems
If you think you might have a mold problem, call today (631) 476-5300.
Our trained SERVPRO Professionals trained in mold remediation will examine the structure for any visible signs of mold. If extensive mold growth is present, additional assistance may be required. Some situations require the addition of an Indoor Air Quality/ Environmental Professionals with the specialized equipment and services needed to assess and/or repair property. You may wish to consult your adjuster if needed.
SERVPRO cares about proper restoration of your structure. In most water damage situations excessive mold growth is not a problem for your SERVPRO Professionals. We can safely restore your building to pre-loss conditions. The need to address the presence of mold can only be determined by an on-site, indoor environmental inspection.